"...adapt to the changes in our lives, that we may realize what is most important, that we may express our gratitude always and thus find joy in the journey."
~President Thomas S. Monson

Some of our Favorite Moments

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Perry Boot Camp




























































































































































































My Mom is amazing! When she found out that we were all going to be together this summer (which doesn't happen very often, since I am in AZ, Stacy is in Virgina, Kim in Portland, and Jill in Boise), ..... she decided to make it a BIG DEAL REUNION!
She has been working for months making the kids pajamas, dresses, doll dresses, towels with their names on them, cookies, etc ..... And she has 15 grandchildren, so that isn't easy!
The boys shirts said "Perry Boot Camp" on them, and then on the back has their last name, and number (this is what number grandchild they are) On the shoulder, is a patch that my dad had saved from his old Air Guard uniforms, from when my parents were first married. How cool is that? The boys thought that was pretty awesome!
She made all the girls pajamas, and beautiful white dresses, with matching dresses for their dolls! What a woman!

2 comments:

Katie said...

She sounds amazing! The dresses and pjs are adorable. I LOVE the boys shirts with their numbers. Too cute :)

Just Be us said...

Your mom is so talented with her sewing! And to sew, sew, sew for ALL 15 of these grandchildren, they must feel SO loved!!! Those kinds of gifts--homemade and from the heart--are the literally stitches that hold families together! I want to be like that! I'm seriously going to strive to be like her when I'm a grandma! The boot camp, the pj's and doll clothes, and on and on. AMAZING!

I also can't get over the fact that you could ask any of your mom's grandkids who is number ... (any number, 1-15) and these grandkids can tell you the name of that grandchild! So creative!