"...adapt to the changes in our lives, that we may realize what is most important, that we may express our gratitude always and thus find joy in the journey."
~President Thomas S. Monson

Some of our Favorite Moments

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Spencer's Birthday -- Ice Cream (Sandwich) Cake

This is the BEST cake EVER! My mom gave me the recipe... and I have to say, it is now my FAVORITE thing to make! SO easy, but looks and tastes, AMAZING!

Ingredients:
12 Ice Cream Sandwiches
1 c. Cool Whip
1/2 C. Hot Fudge
1 package chocolate instant pudding
10 Oreos
LARGE sheet of Heavy Aluminum Foil (3 feet long?)


More Cool Whip

Keep Ice Cream Sandwiches in Freezer until ready, so they won't melt.

Mix Cool Whip, Hot Fudge (slightly softened in microwave), and entire package of instant pudding ... stir until completely mixed (about 2 minutes)

Crush Oreos in Ziploc bag (fine, or chunky, depending on your taste)

Add Oreos to Mixture

Lay out Aluminum Foil, and place 4 Ice Cream Sandwiches side-by-side
Cover with half of Chocolate Mixture
REPEAT, then top with 4 more Ice Cream Sandwiches.
Frost with Cool Whip
Wrap entire cake in Aluminum Foil. Don't worry, it will unwrap perfectly.

Chill in Freezer for 4 hours minimum.

Enjoy!

I also found Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches ... thought that would be SOOO yummy, too! you could use anything!



4 comments:

Katie said...

My MIL makes a similar cake. So good!
Happy Birthday to Spencer.
Oh, and I love your "signature" on your post. Cute!

Just Be us said...

Oooh ... Thanks for the recipe! Looks delicious!

Kathy VonTrapp said...

This is awesome Mindy! I am going to make this...thank you for the recipe and step-by-step pictures! The pictures help a lot! Looks sooo yummy!

tiamosteph said...

this looks good...thanks for sharing your recipe. I'm gonna have to try it soon before summer is really GONE!