"...adapt to the changes in our lives, that we may realize what is most important, that we may express our gratitude always and thus find joy in the journey."
~President Thomas S. Monson

Some of our Favorite Moments

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pumpkin Waffles!

I love Fall! One of my favorite things about it, is Pumpkins! I love them! I love pumpkin candles, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, and one of our favorites .... Pumpkin Waffles with Cinnamon Syrup! (a recipe from my friend, Marilyn) They are so yummy!!!

From 7EVANS


So, here is the recipe!

Pumpkin Waffles and Cinnamon Syrup
Waffles:
2c. Flour
1 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 c. milk
3/4 c. canned pumpkin
1/2 c. oil
3 eggs

Heat waffle iron. In large bowl, combine dry ingredients for waffles; blend well. Add milk, pumpkin, oil, and eggs; beat 1 minute. Bake in hot waffle iron until golden brown.

Syrup:
1/2 c. sugar
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. apple cider or juice
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. margarine or butter

In small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon; blend well. Stir in apple cider and lemon juice; cook over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat; add margarine andstir until melted. Serve over hot waffles

6 comments:

Mel said...

ooooo! Those sound delicious! I'm excited to try these! Thanks!

Margaret said...

Looks yummy! Great shot!

Kristin said...

I LOVE pumpkin, too! Thanks for sharing this recipe, I can't wait to try it with my family. :) Is there anything you can't do???

Suni said...

Mmmm those look good!! I love getting new recipes!!

Anonymous said...

Just love your blog! I will have to try this recipe :o)

Kathy VonTrapp said...

Mindy...I love cooking with pumpkin in the Fall too! Thank you for this recipe, I am going to try it...it looks so yummy! I posted a pumpkin recipe on my blog also (pumpkin bars).