"...adapt to the changes in our lives, that we may realize what is most important, that we may express our gratitude always and thus find joy in the journey."
~President Thomas S. Monson

Some of our Favorite Moments

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

December Catch-up

Like all of you, our December was totally filled! I had great plans of editing all my pictures, from the month's activities, but found that most of the photos were taken in low light, and I just can't seem to make them look better, so here are some of our activities SOOC (straight out of camera)

Christmas program at the school ... they had the biggest turnout! They did sing other songs, for Hanukkah .... and you know what, I wasn't even offended! lol It was a wonderful night! We have such a great principal! He has no problem saying "Merry Christmas"!

From December 08 Activities

From December 08 Activities

From December 08 Activities

From December 08 Activities

From December 08 Activities

From December 08 Activities


Paris had "Traditions" day at school. She read about some of our family's Christmas traditions ... of course Sydney had to be right there with her
From December 08 Activities

From December 08 Activities


Sydney had a mini dance recital. They just do a few of their dances right in class. The big recital will be in the spring.
From December 08 Activities

From December 08 Activities

From December 08 Activities

From December 08 Activities

From December 08 Activities

From December 08 Activities


Paris didn't want to take dance this year, so she is taking a jump rope class that is so fun! She has learned all kinds of great tricks! They did a few jump routines, and then let the parents try. I have never been able to do double dutch, but I did get in, and jumped a few times, but couldn't get out of the ropes. She makes it look so easy!
From December 08 Activities

From December 08 Activities

From December 08 Activities

From December 08 Activities


My Birthday! I never liked having a birthday in December when I was little, because it always seemed to get lost in the busy Christmas activities, but now I LOVE it! On my birthday(Sunday, the 14th), we got to go to church as a family (what could be better?) The primary sang in Sacrament meeting (angels!), and then that evening, our stake put on a musical Christmas program. It was AMAZING! I couldn't have asked for more!
Aaron and I went out to dinner the night before. We went to The Landmark Restaurant. It was sooooo good! I had the most amazing dinner! Artichoke Chicken .... To die for!
Thank you for all your birthday wishes! (I even got a package from my sisters ... with sweets, but look how cute the boxes are that it came in ...)
From MindyBirthday

From MindyBirthday

From MindyBirthday


A homemade gift from Paris Don't you just LOVE it? We were all about home made this year!
From MindyBirthday


Flowers from Aaron ... they were so beautiful! I wish my picture would have turned out better ... they lasted all the way til Christmas!
From MindyBirthday


A note from Riley (Doesn't get better than this!)
From MindyBirthday

4 comments:

Michelle Burk said...

What a rich holiday you had! Who needs gifts when you have children to watch, enjoy, and love--really.
I don't think I could have ever known how fun Christmas would be as a parent. It's greater than I ever expected. Your pictures tell they same story. You've been so blessed! They really are lucky you were chosen 2 be their Mom! (Does Aaron know how good he's got it?)

Margaret said...

These pictures are SWEET! Love that note Riley made for you! We had so much fun with you guys when we were there!!! We miss you!!

Just Be us said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIN!!! (I think I already sent you an email, right?) Anyway ... K, the jump rope class ... How DARLING is THAT!?! Sydney is just adorable in her dance photos, too! Precious note from Riley, gorgeous flowers from Aaron, Paris' doll for you & the boxes from your sisters ARE darling! So fun!

Kathy VonTrapp said...

Happy 36th Birthday Mindy!!! :-)