"...adapt to the changes in our lives, that we may realize what is most important, that we may express our gratitude always and thus find joy in the journey."
~President Thomas S. Monson

Some of our Favorite Moments

Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Homemade Christmas

We had a homemade Christmas! (there were store-bought gifts, too, way too many) But we did try to give more this year ... our TIME!
Spencer spent hours in Grandpa's workshop making doll beds for Paris and Sydney ... He even picked out the paint color! (not my first choice, but it was ALL from him!)
Paris made little art projects, JJ wrote notes, Sydney found things around that house and wrapped them up ... things she just know everyone would love! Spencer got a baseball from the yard! :) And Riley made his very own designed LEGO sets! He started working on them in October! He built a set for Spencer and one for JJ out of legos that we already had. Then we took pictures of it, and he would remove a few pieces, and we took more pictures ... then he took all of the pictures and put them in order, so they would be able to re-build the set! It was so fun to see them all GIVE their gifts this year! I truly think they were more excited to GIVE this year, than to receive! Oh, and I sewed and sewed and sewed! It has been a long time, since I have spent so much time behind my sewing machine, but I had such a great time! In fact I even got a new one! I can't wait to start some new projects!
Here are some of our pics of our Homemade Christmas ...
From Christmas 08

From Christmas 08

From Christmas 08

From Christmas 08

From Christmas 08
From Christmas 08

From Christmas 08

From Christmas 08

From Christmas 08

From Christmas 08

From Christmas 08

From Christmas 08

From Christmas 08

From Christmas 08


I helped Riley make a cover for his new Lego sets ... He came up with the design idea, and names for the sets ... He even picked out the fonts!

From Santa's Workshop

From Santa's Workshop


And OF COURSE .... Homemade Pajamas from Grandma Susie! (with matching PJs for the dolls!)
From Christmas 08

From Christmas 08

4 comments:

Margaret said...

That was so awesome that you guys did all the homemade things! What a great memory for them to have. And Mallory loves the things you sewed for her! Ruthie was thrilled with her pillow, too! :) You're the best!

Mel said...

WOW!! What great gifts! I love the beds and bedding for the dolls....SO CUTE!!

Just Be us said...

Mindy, this is the sweetest Christmas ever! I am so touched reading about the time, thought and effort that went into everyone's gifts. So precious. Riely painstakingly building, taking photos of each phase ... good grief! Spencer building, painting ... how adorable! Cutest big brother! Paris & Sydney will never forget that! All of your sewing ... SO ADORABLE!!! LOVE IT! You are such a special family.

Kathy VonTrapp said...

I remember when my "Aunt Susie" made pajamas and cute outfits for our barbie dolls....we always LOVED them! How fun!