"...adapt to the changes in our lives, that we may realize what is most important, that we may express our gratitude always and thus find joy in the journey."
~President Thomas S. Monson

Some of our Favorite Moments

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spring Break ... Days 1, 2 and 3

Sewing, Baking, and Sports-Camping ... Oh my!

Here are some of our activities the first few days of Spring Break (in no particular order) ...

Making Teddy Bears ... (our version of Build-A-Bear)

Paris did almost all of the sewing herself. Of course I made Sydney's, (but she did push the pedal)
I used to make Bears, and dolls all the time for Canterbury Cottage (years ago ... in downtown Mesa ... I miss it!) .. I had all of this fur still stored in my craft supplies. Now I remember why I didn't like making bears ... the fur sheds like crazy! I have it everywhere! (not helping my allergies at all!)

From Last Roll

From Last Roll

From Last Roll

From Last Roll

From Last Roll


Making Homemade Pizza ... Frankly, I think that $9 for a Costco Pizza, is totally worth it! I am still cleaning up this mess ... and that was 2 days ago

From Last Roll

From Last Roll

From Last Roll



We tried to make "Cake Pops" from Bakerella ... it is NOT as easy as she makes it look ... but they tasted really good!
From Last Roll

From Last Roll

From Last Roll


Sports Camp!
Spencer and Riley hold EB(evans brothers) Sportscamp when we have breaks. They only charge $10/week, and it is 4 days/2hours a day ... cheapest babysitting around! hahaha!

I just have to apologize to the Mom's, if their son comes home with low self-esteem ... On the first day, they were giving out awards at the end of the day. The main award is "Sports Camper of the day" ... they had all the boys line up .. and then Riley (who is so funny) says, "JJ ... step forward" all the boys are so serious ... then he says, "You are .... (pause) Not the Camper of the day" (Like they are on some reality show ... so funny!

Then they have the last 2 boys "step forward" and say, "you have made it to the finals" Eventually, someone is chosen ... so, again, I am apologizing for any lost self-esteem .... but funny thing is, the boys LOVE it! All of them have won various prizes all week, so I guess it's ALL GOOD! Everyone has medals! :)

From Last Roll

From Last Roll

3 comments:

Mel said...

Love those teddy bears! So cute and the pizza looks delish!

randi said...

What a fun mom you are! Those teddy bears are adorable! We need to get together again, I'm having withdrawls of online scrapping!

Katie said...

Mindy, those bears are so cute!! You have so much fun with your kids. I love seeing your creativity :)